The Southern Tablelands Four Wheel Drive Club is devoted to providing the best driver training possible. The club’s driver training team provide a range of courses throughout the year to meet the Club’s growing membership and training requirements.
Partners and family members are encouraged to undertake training courses offered from time to time. To maintain a high standard of training the ratio of students to instructors is kept very low, and training capacity and the number of training places available is therefore limited.
The current list of courses available, which are expanded on in detail in the Driver Training Policy document located under the Training menu tab, are as follows:
- Basic Driver Training – “Safe One” Basic Driver Training (mandatory for Grade 3)
- Advanced Driver Training – Very difficult terrain and Advanced Recovery (mandatory for Grade 4 & 5 trips)
- Water crossing
- Sand driving
- Basic Winching and Recovery Course
- Intermediate Winching and Recovery Course
- Navigation Training – OziExplorer GPS, route planning and navigation
- Other specific training relating to Club activities such as Chainsaw Safety, First Aid, Trip Leader Training and Camper Trailer Towing workshop etc.
Training for Driver Training Instructors
- Trainee instructor
- Assistant instructor
- Chief instructor