Code Of Conduct
Code Of Conduct
ST4WDC Code Of Conduct & Grievance Procedure
Four Wheel Drive Australia Code Of Ethics
- Obey the laws and regulations for Recreational Vehicles that apply to public lands.
- Respect the cultural, heritage and environmental values of public/private land, by obeying restrictions that may apply.
- Respect our flora and fauna. Stop and look, but never disturb.
- Keep to formed vehicle tracks.
- Keep the environment clean. Carry your own, and any other, rubbish out.
- Keep your vehicle mechanically sound and clean to reduce the environmental impact.
- Adopt minimal impact camping and driving practices.
- Seek permission before driving on private land. Do not disturb livestock or watering points, leave gates as found.
- Take adequate water, food, fuel, basic spares and a first aid kit on trips. In remote areas travel with another vehicle and have Royal Flying Doctor Service, or equivalent emergency contact by radio or satellite.
- Plan ahead and lodge trip details with a responsible person.
- Enjoy your recreation and respect the rights of others.
- Support four-wheel drive touring as a legitimate family activity.
- Consider joining an affiliated four-wheel drive Club.
THIS CODE SUPPORTS THE NATIONAL RECREATIONAL FOUR WHEEL DRIVE VEHICLE POLICY.
Produced by Four Wheel Drive Australia in the interest of promoting responsible vehicle use.
For advice and assistance in meeting the requirements of this Code of Conduct contact the Secretary
©Four Wheel Drive Australia, August 2010